Monday, September 13, 2010

Hello, everyone! I have to say I am enjoying the writing process. It is so nice to write about something I'm so passionate about. This does not mean I practice what I am preaching, but it is nice to have the statistics in my face so I think about what I am doing while I polish off half a pizza. I have learned so much while at Kaplan already and I can't wait to learn more. But I am having a taste of what it will be like to actually work with a patient or client. I am living with a relative while my husband is deployed. This person is overweight with high cholesterol, blood pressure, triglycerides, etc., etc. I don't know what the point of no return will be. This person has every diet book known to man. They are good diet books, too, not South Beach or Atkins. Today another diet book was ordered in the hopes of losing weight and getting off the medications. I get tired of listening to the excuses of why it's so hard to eat healthy and plan meals ahead of time. I work really hard to make healthy food not only for my kids, but for myself. As I said, I am overweight because I overeat the foods I love like pizza and chips. But I know that other times I need to fill myself up with fruits and veggies. I love looking through all of the recipe and diet books for new stuff to try. As much as I hate to cook, this is actually fun. At what point does a person say they are tired of taking medications for things that are within their control? Even a 10% weight loss will lower cholesterol. A brand new treadmill was bought a couple of months ago and sits unused. Sigh. I just hope something will click because we would like to keep this person around for a long time. The way it is going, that might not be an option. Thanks for listening and reading.

1 comment:

  1. Lynda - the situation you describe is so much bigger than what you are seeing, and I know you know that. Sending good thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete